POC™ Learning Map
The Practitioner of Change™ program centers around 5 core sessions, each consisting of 3 days. The image & information below is a brief description of the high level learning outcomes for each session POC™ Core Session. The design is integrated, with each core session building off the previous.
Core Session ONE – Business Partnering
- Launch the formal Practitioner of Change™ learning process and form the learning community.
- Increase your knowledge of adult learning styles and your personal approach to learning.
- Understand how future trends and issues shape the roles in our functions.
- Learn a pragmatic approach to functional systems thinking.
- Use and apply business knowledge to better position your function to deliver upon business priorities.
- Explore and know how to address the challenges of being an internal business partner.
Core Session TWO – Business Consulting
- Build deeper practical skill in the area of organization development and the role of the OD practitioner.
- Learn and practice a business consulting process using a progressive case study.
- Progress your skill in each area of the business consulting process including contracting for success; gathering, analyzing and feeding back organization data; diagnosing, designing and implementing appropriate responses; evaluating the impact of your work; and, ending a consulting contract.
- Learn how to leverage your personal style to work effectively as an internal consultant and leverage your Business Partnering skills.
Core Session THREE – Facilitating Change
- Learn how to view change through a systems thinking lens to understand why change efforts succeed.
- Explore various change theories and methods to understand and influence the design and implementation of change.
- Plan, design and facilitate change using a change systems framework.
- Know how to build the context for change, design and create a disciplined and systematic change process and how to guide the implementation.
- Increase your ability to influence others regarding effective and ineffective change processes.
- Prepare leaders to lead change in your organization.
Core Session FOUR – Leading Effective Processes
- Define the requirements of a team-based organization; what’s required and how to evaluate the fit.
- Know when and how to design a team based structure and facilitate the design of high performance teams.
- Learn the content and process roles of practitioners when working with teams.
- Understand and practice being an effective facilitator of team and group dynamics including:
- Designing and facilitating effective group and team processes.
- Identifying the invisible dynamics of groups and teams.
- Developing process consulting and task facilitation skills and the role of the practitioner.
- How to influence team effectiveness.
- Review your action learning team performance to date.
Core Session FIVE – Having Influence
- Enhance your self-confidence through increased self-awareness of your personal presence.
- Relate sources of personal power and influence and emotional intelligence to Practitioner success.
- Learn how to provocatively model your authenticity and courage as a practitioner.
- Strengthen your ability to work with tension, in yourself and with others.
- Be present and accountable as a Practitioner of Change™; integrating what you know with who you are.
- Formally close the learning community structure.
As a learning system, participants have a first hand opportunity to examine and explore organizational dynamics as they are learning about them conceptually. Our philosophy is “you can’t take an individual, group or an organization to a place you haven’t been” so we design the learning process to ensure that practitioners have first hand and deep experience with the impact of processes to influence organization effectiveness.